Another productive week in the .NET community and another weekend getting closer. That means it’s time to relax and learn something new.
So check out the articles we’ve selected for you this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Resolve Services In ASP.NET Core Startup [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
ASP.NET Core relies completely on dependency injection and that’s great. But sometimes we have to resolve dependencies in the startup of the application. Khalid describes a few ways to do that and talks about the price we have to pay in order to do that.
- Avoid password reuse with Pwned Passwords and ASP.NET Core [blog.elmah.io]
Password reuse is one of the biggest security problems these days. It seems like breaches happen all the time, and that sooner or later our data leaks in one or more of these breaches. In this article, Thomas Ardal shows us how to utilize Troy Hunt’s Pwned Passwords to prevent password reuse.
- Server-side templating in .NET Core with #Razor [blog.dotnetframework.org]
- Unit Testing 101: Write your first unit test in C# with MSTest [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Generating Azure Blob Storage User Delegation SAS [markheath.net]
- Testing WebAPI with ApprovalTests.NET [cezarypiatek.github.io]
- Create A Zip File With .NET 5 [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- PriorityQueue In .NET [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- Binding decimal numbers using the oninput event in Blazor [www.meziantou.net]
- ConfigureAwaitChecker with support for “await using” and “await foreach” [www.tabsoverspaces.com]
- Generate a #PDF from #HTML on Raspberry PI (.NET Core) [blog.dotnetframework.org]
- How to Build an Email Sentiment Analysis Bot – Using Azure Functions [dotnetthoughts.net]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 204 – Output Formatters in ASP.NET Core [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Episode 187 – Agile Conversations with Fredrick & Squirrel [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- OpenTelemetry .NET reaches v1.0 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- AWS Serverless Application Model: The Basics and a Quick Tutorial [danylkoweb.com]
- Provisioning Azure App Service Managed Certificates with PowerShell [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Snapshots in Event Sourcing for Rehydrating Aggregates [codeopinion.com]
- Ryujinx is an Experimental Nintendo Switch Emulator written in C# for .NET Core [www.hanselman.com]
- Running Kubernetes and the dashboard with Docker Desktop [andrewlock.net]
- Why is ASP.NET Core good for Enterprise applications [codingblast.com]
- Getting Setup With .NET 6 Preview [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- 5 No-Hassle Tips to Run SQL UPDATE with JOIN [codingsight.com]
On Programming and Life
- How To Build a Corporate Website That Can Help Your Career as a Developer [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When my bug goes unnoticed during the sales team’s demo [thecodinglove.com]
- When I compile my new code for the first time [thecodinglove.com]
- When I finally get admin rights on the server [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!