In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to integrate GraphQL with ASP.NET Core Web API application, how to write types, queries, and mutations. Furthermore, we are going to learn how to consume the GraphQL API with the ASP.NET Core app and Angular client application as well.
We are going to show you how to create different queries, how to use aliases and arguments, as well as fragments and directives while creating a GraphQL query.
After finishing with this tutorial, you are going to have the knowledge to integrate GraphQL into the ASP.NET Core app and you’ll have no problem using Queries and Schemas to retrieve and mutate data from a server.
For this tutorial, it is recommended that you have knowledge of the following:
- ASP.NET Core Web API – If you are not familiar with it, we have a great tutorial on that topic ASP.NET Core Series
- Base knowledge of Angular framework (required for the consuming client application) – If you want to learn or upgrade your knowledge on this topic you can read our Angular Tutorial
This tutorial will be separated into several parts:
- Getting Started with GraphQL in .NET Core
- Advanced GraphQL Queries, Error Handling, Data Loader
- GraphQL Mutations (POST, PUT, DELETE Actions)
- Consume GraphQL API with ASP.NET Core
- Using Angular to Consume GraphQL API
We hope you are going to enjoy this tutorial as much as we did writing it.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.