Issue #80 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Customizing Serilog text output [nblumhardt.com]
Everything you need to know about formatting plain text with Serilog.Expressions, by Nicholas Blumhardt.
- Minimal APIs in ASP.NET Core 6.0 [dotnetthoughts.net]
How fast can you build an API in ASP.NET Core 6.0? Anuraj Parameswaran demonstrates some of the cool possibilities of the newest version of the ASP.NET Core framework.
- Command Line Arguments and C# 9.0 Top Level Statement – Visual Studio [dailydotnettips.com]
- Integration Testing for ASP.NET Core using EF Core Cosmos with XUnit and Azure DevOps [damienbod.com]
- Exploring .NET interactive notebooks with VS Code [andrewlock.net]
- Preventing Duplicate Web Requests To ASP.NET Core [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Useful Visual Studio Extensions for Working with Blazor [www.grapecity.com]
- Conversation about containers [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Creating Excel documents using a server-side Excel API for .NET 5 [www.grapecity.com]
- Did you know – Visual Studio has an Integrated Developer Command Prompt? [dailydotnettips.com]
- Solitaire in Blazor Part 1 – Overview [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Response Caching with MediatR in ASP.NET Core – Powerful Pipeline Behavior [codewithmukesh.com]
- Different ways to check if a value is null in C# [www.meziantou.net]
Live & Presentation
- New Code Rules – Too Many Meetings! [dotnettips.wordpress.com]
- Episode 199 – Redis with Guy Royse [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- Date, Time, and Time Zone Enhancements in .NET 6 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- STOP doing dogmatic Domain Driven Design [codeopinion.com]
- Architecture: Processing Data with Microservices [dotnettips.wordpress.com]
- Git Pull Request Deep Links in Visual Studio [dailydotnettips.com]
On Programming & Life
- Knowing Where To Hit [www.danylkoweb.com]
- Feeling Haunted? How To Deal With Ghosting Clients [simpleprogrammer.com]
- Teaching Your Kids To Code: Actionable Advice for Parents [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I go see the senior developer after I broke the production environment [thecodinglove.com]
- When I was on vacation last Friday and I join the daily meeting on Monday [thecodinglove.com]
- When my unit tests pass on the first try [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!