Issue #79 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Benchmarking 4 reflection methods for calling a constructor in .NET [andrewlock.net]
Four different reflection methods, four different results. Which reflection method for creating a new object is the fastest? Which one is the slowest? Read this article by Andrew Lock to find out.
- Nulls in Value Objects [enterprisecraftsmanship.com]
How do we handle nulls in value objects? Should we put null inside the value objects themselves or decorate those value objects using the nullable reference type notation (? or Maybe)? Vladimir Khorikov explains what we can do.
- Conversation about the .NET type system [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Introducing Breadcrumbs [blog.elmah.io]
- Using HTMX with ASP.NET Core: Infinite scrolling [www.jerriepelser.com]
- Working With .NET 6’s PriorityQueue [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Advanced Basics: Build an ASP.NET Core Dropdown TagHelper with Automatic Postback [www.danylkoweb.com]
- ASP.NET Core in .NET 6 – Part 09 – Infer component generic types from ancestor components [asp.net-hacker.rocks]
- New LINQ extensions in .NET 6 and benchmarks [blog.elmah.io]
- Custom bindings with Azure Functions .NET Isolated Worker [blog.maartenballiauw.be]
- Building Contextual Experiences w/ Blazor [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- The Roslyn analyzers I use in my projects [www.meziantou.net]
- #ZIP file decompression from first principles in C# [blog.dotnetframework.org]
- High performance extraction of unstructured text from a #PDF in C# [blog.dotnetframework.org]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 212 – Deploying to Environments with GitHub Actions [aspnetmonsters.com]
- The Catch Block #60 – Lessons from a Botched Deployment [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Competing Consumers Pattern for Scalability [codeopinion.com]
- Episode 198 – DAPR with Cecil Phillip [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- Announcing Visual Studio Code extension for Tye [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Domain-Driven Refactoring: Intro [jimmybogard.com]
- Switch between Git repositories and branches seamlessly in Visual Studio [dailydotnettips.com]
- Client Authentication vs. PKCE: Do you need both? [www.scottbrady91.com]
- Conversation about .NET interop [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Remove Unused References – Clean up project references and NuGet packages in Visual Studio [dailydotnettips.com]
On Programming & Life
- What If Product Owners Reported to Dev Teams? [ardalis.com]
- The Importance of an Online Portfolio for Programmers (and How To Make One) [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When my coworker tells me the deadline is postponed by one month [thecodinglove.com]
- When I find out the intern doesn’t follow our coding conventions [thecodinglove.com]
- When I find a simple solution to my problem on Stack Overflow [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!