Issue #78 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Secure an Angular SPA and an ASP.NET Core API using Auth0 [damienbod.com]
A comprehensive article on securing angular SPA + ASP.NET Core with Auth0 by Damien Bowden. Must read for anyone implementing this workflow.
- The Difference Between HTML and URL Encode In .NET [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
When working with HTML, we can easily break the conventions while passing data to HTML pages. Khalid Abuhakmeh takes a walks us through the WebUtility class and its mechanisms that help us prevent breaking the code.
- Authenticated Encryption in .NET with AES-GCM [www.scottbrady91.com]
- Receiving JSON Objects Stream (NDJSON) in ASP.NET Core MVC [www.tpeczek.com]
- Running a .NET application as a service on Linux with Systemd [blog.maartenballiauw.be]
- Using DateOnly and TimeOnly in .NET 6 [www.stevejgordon.co.uk]
- WebView2 Home and End Key Problems inside of WPF TabControl Containers [weblog.west-wind.com]
- Async/Await Calls Gotcha with the CSharp ? Null Propagator [weblog.west-wind.com]
- How to stop Visual Studio from creating launchsettings.json [andrewlock.net]
- Custom User Message Extension Methods in C# and MVC [exceptionnotfound.net]
- 10 Blazor Features You Probably Didn’t Know [www.grapecity.com]
- Finding concurrency bugs in a .NET application using Coyote [www.meziantou.net]
- CSS Isolation in ASP.NET Core 6.0 [dotnetthoughts.net]
Live & Presentation
- Episode 196 – .NET 6 Preview with Rich Lander [6figuredev.com]
- Monsters Weekly 211 – .NET 5 on Azure Functions [aspnetmonsters.com]
News & Updates
- Announcing .NET MAUI Preview 4 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Announcing .NET 6 Preview 4 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- ASP.NET Core updates in .NET 6 Preview 4 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Announcing Entity Framework Core 6.0 Preview 4: Performance Edition [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET Framework May 2021 Cumulative Update Preview [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- F# and F# tools update for Visual Studio 16.10 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Introducing the .NET Hot Reload experience for editing code at runtime [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- How to configure Azure Health Chatbot for Microsoft Teams? [dailydotnettips.com]
- Introducing The .NET Coding Pack for VS Code – Getting Started with C# for Beginners [www.hanselman.com]
- VS Code Disable Logging Loading Symbols [ardalis.com]
- Highly COHESIVE Software Design to tame Complexity [odeopinion.com]
- Testing your Domain when Event Sourcing [odeopinion.com]
- Show dotnet: Investigating Alpine Linux CVEs in .NET container images [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- The fastest way to get started with Microsoft Azure [dailydotnettips.com]
On Programming & Life
- 7 Leadership Skills for Junior Developers: How To Prepare for a Senior Role [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I’ve been assigned an “innovative project in the banking sector” [thecodinglove.com]
- When the new guy tells me there are several flaws in my code [thecodinglove.com]
- When they ask me to give my estimate for the project and there are no specifications [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!