Issue #75 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Specification Pattern in ASP.NET Core – Enhancing Generic Repository Pattern [codewithmukesh.com]
Generic Repository Pattern is considered by some to be an antipattern in some cases. Mukesh shows us how we can potentially improve our generic repository implementations with the specification pattern.
- How To Change the Behavior of a C# Record Constructor [christianfindlay.com]
Christian teaches us how to change the default behavior of C# record constructors since this is something we’ll probably need to do in various scenarios.
- 5 Tools to Identify ASP.NET Performance Issues [danylkoweb.com]
- Convert SVG files to PNG or JPEG using .NET [www.meziantou.net]
- Trying out the open-source eCommerce platform nopCommerce using Docker [andrewlock.net]
- Securing an ASP.NET Core app and web API using windows authentication [damienbod.com]
- Pretty print/syntax highlight .NET stack traces in a browser [blog.elmah.io]
- Tetris in Blazor Part 6: Scoring, Levels, Music, and Other Features [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Access Background Services From ASP.NET Core [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Read and Write Excel Spreadsheets With C# [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Make microservices fun again with Dapr [daveabrock.com]
- ASP.NET Core in .NET 6 – Part 06 – Nullable Reference Type Annotations [asp.net-hacker.rocks]
- Remove Caching Boilerplate Code With PostSharp Caching [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- How to send an email with dynamic templates from SendGrid with ASP.NET Core [dotnetthoughts.net]
- .NET 6 Brings Blazor WebView Controls to WPF and WinForms [www.infoq.com]
- How to setup nginx reverse proxy for aspnet core apps with Docker compose [dotnetthoughts.net]
Live & Presentation
- Episode 193 – Software Coaching with GeePaw Hill [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- .NET Framework 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1 will reach End of Support on April 26, 2022 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Conversation about crossgen2 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Getting Started Calling the Microsoft Graph API [blog.codewithdan.com]
- Aggregate Design: Using Invariants as a Guide [codeopinion.com]
- Easily build real-time apps with WebSockets and Azure Web PubSub—now in preview [azure.microsoft.com]
- How to run Linux GUI apps on Windows 10 with WSL and WSLg [www.hanselman.com]
- SQL Server Express Edition – Definition, Benefits, and Limitations [codingsight.com]
On Programming & Life
- Why Is a Cultural Change Vital To Prepare for AI and Big Data? [simpleprogrammer.com]
- How To Follow Your Inspiration and Create Great Things as a Software Developer [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When the intern tells me he just fixed the bug I’ve been working on since this morning [thecodinglove.com]
- When the client didn’t notice any bug and is really satisfied of our demo [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!