The holiday season is upon us and with it, and with it, a time to relax, spend with the family and prepare mentally for the challenges that the next year brings. Whether relaxing isn’t your thing, or you just like to read quality blog posts to relax, you can jump in one of this week’s picks. So whatever you decide, take the time to slow down, prepare your favorite brew and charge your batteries over the weekend.
.NET and C#
- Playing with C#9 Top-level Programs, Records and Elasticsearch.NET [www.stevejgordon.co.uk]
Still haven’t tried C# 9 features? Steve Gordon walks us through some of the new features through easy-to-digest examples and clear explanations on when and why we should use apply these new features.
- Microsoft Identity Claims: Building the UI, Part 3 [danylkoweb.com]
If building a permission manager using Microsoft Identity is something you would like to do, this post from Jonathan Danylko is for you.
- Localize .NET applications with machine-translation [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Increasing Trace Cardinality with Activity Tags and Baggage [jimmybogard.com]
- Never forget a #if when multi-targeting .NET libraries or applications [www.meziantou.net]
- How to add User-Agent header to HttpClient in .NET [blog.elmah.io]
- Should I use self-contained or framework-dependent publishing in Docker images? [andrewlock.net]
- Using multiple APIs in Blazor with Azure AD authentication [damienbod.com]
- C# 9 Covariant Return Types [halidabuhakmeh.com]
- .NET OSS Docs With MarkdownSnippets [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- C# in Simple Terms – Indexers [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Retrieving state in a FirstChanceException in .NET [blog.dotnetframework.org]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 200 – Conversations with Jon Galloway [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Episode 174 – DevOps Engineering with Ken Mugrage [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- What’s next for System.Text.Json? [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- What’s new in Windows Forms runtime in .NET 5.0 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Scaling a Monolith Horizontally [codeopinion.com]
- Creating a game art asset pipeline in .NET [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- The art of Rubber Ducking or Rubber Duck Debugging [www.hanselman.com]
On Programming and Life
- Hello World Has Been Released! [wildermuth.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- Enterprise Company vs Startups dev jobs [devhumor.com]
- When someone tries to edit my code [thecodinglove.com]
- When they ask me to explain the code I am so proud of [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!