Issue #85 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Building Minimal APIs In .NET 6 [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
With the introduction of the .NET 6 features, APIs don’t have to be bulky anymore. Check out this article by Wade Gausden to see just how minimal APIs can be now.
- ASP.NET Core in .NET 6 – Hot Reload [asp.net-hacker.rocks]
Hot reload is something many people are very passionate about and has been mentioned since Blazor came out. In this article, Jürgen Gutsch explains how we can use it in our projects.
- Getting started with a UI and not die trying in Xamarin Forms [askxammy.com]
- SOCKS Proxy Support In .NET [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- The overall design and a first look at the internals: A deep dive on StringBuilder – Part 1 [andrewlock.net]
- Modular Architecture in ASP.NET Core – Building Better Monoliths [codewithmukesh.com]
- ICYMI C# 9 New Features: Reduce Boilerplate Constructor Code with Init Only Property Setters [dontcodetired.com]
- Directory.Build.props: C# 9 for all your projects [icanmakethiswork.blogspot.com]
News & Updates
- ASP.NET Core updates in .NET 6 Preview 6 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Windows Terminal Preview 1.10 Release [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET Framework July 2021 Security and Quality Rollup [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Live & Presentation
- Episode 203 – NuGet and TikTok with Jon Douglas [6figuredev.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Domain-Driven Refactoring: Procedural Beginnings [jimmybogard.com]
- Understanding Cyclomatic Complexity [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- Locating MSBuild on a machine [www.meziantou.net]
- Does CAP Theorem apply to Microservices? [codeopinion.com]
- Stored Procedure to Delete Duplicate Records in SQL Table [codingsight.com]
- The Internet of Things is a Complete Mess (and how to Fix it) [www.troyhunt.com]
- Fix Blurry Ubuntu Display In A Parallels Virtual Machine [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
On Programming & Life
- New Code Rules: Work Environment for Software Engineers [dotnettips.wordpress.com]
- When Are Companies Going to Learn How Software Development Works? [dotnettips.wordpress.com]
- Understanding and Managing Risk in Software Development [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I open the code of an old project of mine [thecodinglove.com]
- When I’m finally done with feature documentation [thecodinglove.com]
- When I hear the sales team say WordPress is Word for the web [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!