Issue #82 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Customized JSON formatting with Serilog [nblumhardt.com]
If customizing logs presentation is your cup of tea, this article by Nicholas Blumhardt is the perfect read for you this weekend.
- Mocks vs Stubs vs Fakes In Unit Testing [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
Mocks, stubs, and fakes are at the core of Unit Testing. Knowing when to use each one is essential and that’s what this article is about. Wade Gausden presents it in a very clear and concise manner, so your time won’t be wasted reading this one.
- Solitaire in Blazor Part 3 – Drawing, Discarding, and the Stacks [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Locked Files When Publishing .NET Core Apps to IIS with WebDeploy [weblog.west-wind.com]
- ICYMI C# 9 New Features: More Pattern Matching Features [dontcodetired.com]
- How to tabulate ranked voting in C# [csharphelper.com]
- HTTP Range Requests and Partial Responses With ASP.NET Core [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- ASP.NET Core in .NET 6 – Preserve prerendered state in Blazor apps [asp.net-hacker.rocks]
- Minimal APIs in ASP.NET Core 6.0 – Part2 [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Upload and resize an image natively with ASP.NET Core [blog.elmah.io]
- Exploring Fluent Assertions [www.meziantou.net]
- Infuse Machine Learning into your ASP.NET Core apps [dotnetthoughts.net]
Live & Presentation
- Handling Failures in Message Driven Architecture [codeopinion.com]
- Monsters Weekly 213 – Local Testing with Azure Static Web Apps [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Monsters Weekly 214 – Playwright Inspector and page.pause() [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Episode 201 – Sustainable OSS with Rockford Lhotka [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- Announcing .NET 6 Preview 5 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- ASP.NET Core updates in .NET 6 Preview 5 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Announcing .NET MAUI Preview 5 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- What’s new in Windows Forms in .NET 6.0 Preview 5 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Announcing Entity Framework Core 6.0 Preview 5: Compiled Models [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Package Validation [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- ML.NET June Updates [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Using SSH and localhost.run to test GitHub webhooks locally [andrewlock.net]
- Improving Method and Function Clarity [ardalis.com]
On Programming & Life
- Hard Work + Kindness = Luck (or opportunity) [danylkoweb.com]
- 10 Tips for Programmers To Work More Efficiently [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When the intern tells me that my code needs some improvements [thecodinglove.com]
- When I explain how my regex works [thecodinglove.com]
- When they ask me if I tested my code correctly [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!