This week we present you with the fresh new batch of .NET and C# goodies. Whether you’re interested in pure C#, security, debugging, databases, NuGet packages, emails, or any other topic there is, you can find it. We think there is a pretty healthy ecosystem evolving around .NET lately, so we encourage you to check out even some of the topics you haven’t checked out before. There’s a lot of interesting stuff out there. Or you can stick to your favorite topic and just enjoy the weekend.
.NET and C#
- Using Quartz.NET with ASP.NET Core and worker services [andrewlock.net]
Quartz.NET is an open-source job scheduling system for .NET. Andrew shows us how to add the Quartz.NET hosted service, how to create a simple job, and how to register it with a trigger.
- OpenAPI and Versioning for ASP.NET Core Web API [dotnetthoughts.net]
OpenAPI (Swagger) is enabled by default in ASP.NET Core 5 Web API projects. Anuraj goes over API versioning using OpenAPI as a tool. Recommended read for those that are trying to figure out API versioning themselves.
- Improving Debug-time Productivity with Source Link [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Processing Google reCaptcha Tokens in ASP.NET Core [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Securing an ASP.NET Core API which uses multiple access tokens [damienbod.com]
- Avoid Wrapping DbContext in Using (and other gotchas) [ardalis.com]
- C# In Simple Terms – String Manipulation and Cultures [exceptionnotfound.net]
- VISCA camera control in C# [codeblog.jonskeet.uk]
- Understand The .NET 5 Runtime Environment [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Microsoft Identity Claims: Granular Authorizations, Part 1 [www.danylkoweb.com]
- Managing bounced emails with AWS SES and Azure Functions [blog.elmah.io]
- Should You Always Create a Nuget Package? Asking for a Friend… [wildermuth.com]
Live & Presentation
- Episode 172 – Rob Richardson: .NET 5, Pipelines, & Testing [6figuredev.com]
- Investigating a performance issue with a regex [www.meziantou.net]
News & Updates
- .NET Core 2.1, 3.1, and .NET 5.0 updates are coming to Microsoft Update [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- ML.NET Model Builder November Updates [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- The updated GetGCMemoryInfo API in .NET 5.0 and how it can help you [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Handling Duplicate Messages (Idempotent Consumers) [codeopinion.com]
- OAuth is Not User Authorization [www.scottbrady91.com]
- Versioning and Evolving Microservices [markheath.net]
- Images in MarkDown for the Azure DevOps Marketplace! [blog.johnnyreilly.com]
- How Does Microsoft Do DevOps [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Add Columns to an Existing Table in SQL Server Database [codingsight.com]
On Programming and Life
- The “Full-Stack” Developer is a Myth in 2020 [dotnettips.wordpress.com]
- What to focus on as a (.NET) developer [www.azurebarry.com]
- Should I Niche Down as a Beginning Programmer [simpleprogrammer.com]
- 7 Tips to Stay Healthy as a Software Developer [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I see what the intern just shipped to production [thecodinglove.com]
- When the expert comes to fix our bug [thecodinglove.com]
- When the manager distributes our end of the year bonuses [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!