Hey everyone, W…. eekend is coming, and that’s our favorite time to relax and recharge. We’ve prepared a fresh batch of interesting articles for you to enjoy this time. So prepare your favorite brew, sit down, and pick your favorite topic from the list.
.NET and C#
- How to Use F# from C# [christianfindlay.com]
Just how similar or different C# and F# are? Christian compares these two languages and shows us how we can use them together or convert one to another since they both compile to IL. A very interesting read if you’re into understanding the inner workings of C# and F#.
- IdentityServer4 in ASP.NET Core – Ultimate Beginner’s Guide [www.codewithmukesh.com]
IdentityServer4 can be a bit intimidating at first, but once you break it down and implement it piece by piece, it’s a lot easier. Mukesh Murugan implements a solution with IS4 from scratch to help us understand it easier.
- Using encrypted access tokens in Azure with Microsoft.Identity.Web and Azure App registrations [damienbod.com]
- Implement a full-text search using Azure Cognitive Search in ASP.NET Core [damienbod.com]
- C# in Simple Terms – Inheritance and Polymorphism [exceptionnotfound.net]
- C# in Simple Terms – Structs and Enums [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Add Headers To A Response In ASP.NET 5 [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Use ASP.NET With Turbolinks 5 [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Async code smells and how to track them down with analyzers – Part II [cezarypiatek.github.io]
- Publishing a self-contained Blazor component (Razor + CSS + JS) as a NuGet package [www.meziantou.net]
- Running database migrations using jobs and init containers: Deploying ASP.NET Core applications to Kubernetes – Part 8 [andrewlock.net]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 187 – Windows Terminal with Kayla Cinnamon [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Podcast: Seth Michael [christianfindlay.com]
News & Updates
- .NET Framework October 2020 Cumulative Update Preview Update [devblogs.microsoft.com]
DevOps & IoT
- Solving IoT device security at scale through standards [azure.microsoft.com]
- Things to consider when running visual tests in CI/CD pipelines: Getting Started (Part 1) [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- What is infrastructure as code? [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Choose a .NET Game Engine [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Defining Service Boundaries by Splitting Entities [codeopinion.com]
- Don’t ever break a URL if you can help it [www.hanselman.com]
- 5 Reasons Why It’s Not the Code, It’s the Environment [www.danylkoweb.com]
- The Mysterious Case of Safari and the Empty Download [blog.johnnyreilly.com]
On Programming and Life
- 10++ Tips for Dev Blogs in 2021 [wakeupandcode.com]
- How To Buy a Computer for Cross-Platform Development [christianfindlay.com]
- How to Make Passive Income as a Programmer [simpleprogrammer.com]
- How To Acquire Users For Your App [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I just fixed a ticket and it gets reassigned to me [thecodinglove.com]
- When I listen to the client and the sales guy talking about the upcoming app features [thecodinglove.com]
- Monday morning [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about the future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!