The weekend is coming and it’s time to relax and read some good articles and watch some awesome videos. Let’s see what’s in store for us this week.
.NET and C#
- Razor Pages in ASP .NET Core 3.1 [wakeupandcode.com]
Still haven’t worked with Razor Pages yet? Shahed gives you a perfect introduction to Razor Pages, so now is the perfect time to do that.
- C# Source Generators: Less Boilerplate Code, More Productivity [dontcodetired.com]
C# Source generators are the new feature introduced to help us generate the source code as a part of the compilation process. If you’ve tried doing it before, you know how painful it can get, so check out this article by Jason Roberts and try it out!
- Building End-to-End Diagnostics: OpenTelemetry Integration [jimmybogard.com]
- Decompilation support in OmniSharp and C# Extension for VS Code [www.strathweb.com]
- Using jQuery and Bootstrap from a CDN with fallback scripts in ASP.NET Core 3.0 [andrewlock.net]
- Ping a Server Using C# [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Conditionally Apply LINQ Clauses [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Prevent “underlying connection was closed” errors in C# [csharphelper.com]
- Static Constructor Failures and Declaration Order [weblog.west-wind.com]
- Quick introduction to xUnit.net [www.meziantou.net]
- Using Azure CosmosDB With .NET Core [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- Using Azure CosmosDB With .NET Core – Part 2 – EF Core [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
Live & Presentations
- Monsters Weekly 163 – Getting Started with Feature Flags [aspnetmonsters.com]
- 256 Seconds with dotNetDave (E10) – My Workflow Before I Submit Code Changes [dotnettips.wordpress.com]
DevOps & IoT
- Configure a domain for an Azure App Service using Cloudflare [damienbod.com]
- Configuring Azure Services and emulators using Visual Studio [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Kubernetes Application Deployment Best Practices [www.danylkoweb.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Configuring a Local Test Email Server [ardalis.com]
- Branching Patterns: Maturity Branch [martinfowler.com]
- Branching Patterns: Release Branch [martinfowler.com]
- Branching Patterns: Reviewed Commits [martinfowler.com]
- Branching Patterns: Integration Friction, Modularity, and some personal thoughts [martinfowler.com]
On Programming and Life
- 5 Reasons Why Every Developer Needs a Side-project [www.danylkoweb.com]
- The World Pandemic is Showing Us Websites Are Still Too Hard to Write [dotnettips.wordpress.com]
- How You Can Turn a Short Developer Assignment Into a 9-Year Job [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I am staying at home and my girlfriend is now used to seeing me getting upset while debugging [thecodinglove.com]
- When I try to follow a complex tutorial [thecodinglove.com]
- Never spend 6 minutes doing something by hand [devhumor.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about the future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!