Issue #154 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C# Top Picks
- Managing .NET App Configuration With The Options Pattern In ASP.NET Core [www.youtube.com/@MilanJovanovicTech]
The Options Pattern is one of the best things you can implement in your project when dealing with a lot of configuration. It makes your code cleaner and more maintainable in the long run so check this guide by Milan Jovanovic and see how to introduce it to your code.
- Is Dynamic in C# Actually Slow? [www.youtube.com/@nickchapsas]
We’ve all used dynamic at one time or another, whether we were curious to see how it works or whether we really had a problem have helped us with. Whatever the case, when using dynamic, we should probably be aware of its downsides, if it affects the application performance, and by how much. Watch this video by Nick Chapsas and see if that’s the case.
Other Great Reads
- Generate YouTube Timestamp Links with C# 11 [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Exploring Christmas UI in .NET MAUI [askxammy.com]
- C#/Blazor – Continuing work on a pointing poker site. [www.youtube.com]
- Email Verification – WPF + FIREBASE AUTHENTICATION #10 [www.youtube.com]
- The C# Feature I Use Instead of Reflection [www.youtube.com]
- Structuring Dependency Injection In ASP.NET Core The Right Way [www.youtube.com]
- Space Geek Out 2022 [www.dotnetrocks.com]
- Hachyderm’s Kris Nova on running a Mastodon Server – Hanselminutes Podcast 872 [www.youtube.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Installing Docker Desktop on Ubuntu 22.04 [nodogmablog.bryanhogan.net]
Programming & Life
- It’s been four years since I left Facebook – now what? [jussiroine.com]
- 2022 year in review [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- How To Learn C# in 2023 – Learning Path, Tips & Tricks, and More [www.youtube.com]
- How To Learn Web Development In 2023 [www.youtube.com]
- How Do I Make a Resolution I Can Keep? [www.youtube.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I come back to the office after this Christmas weekend [thecodinglove.com]
- When my manager asks me if I’m ready for a great challenge [thecodinglove.com]
- When I’m back on my code after a week of vacation [thecodinglove.com]
- When I’m done with a task estimated to be a week long in a single day [thecodinglove.com]