Issue #83 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Conditional compilation for ignoring method calls with the ConditionalAttribute [andrewlock.net]
Ever heard of the [Conditional] attribute? No? Check out this article by Andrew Lock and learn how you can use [Conditional] to achieve more flexible compilation outputs.
- Infinite scrolling in Blazor [www.meziantou.net]
Infinite scrolling is an evergreen source of debates and has a love/hate status with most people. It’s very useful in some scenarios like social feed, so if you want to learn how to implement it in Blazor, this article by Gérald Barré is just for you.
- Generate video from a collection of images in C# #FFMPEG [blog.dotnetframework.org]
- Sign-in using multiple clients or tenants in ASP.NET Core and Azure AD [damienbod.com]
- Solitaire in Blazor Part 4 – Drag and Drop [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Boost ASP.NET Core Performance with Static Content [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- C# 9 in-process Azure Functions [icanmakethiswork.blogspot.com]
- ICYMI C# 9 New Features: Reducing Code with Target-typed New Expressions [dontcodetired.com]
- Code First vs Database First vs Model First – EntityFramework Approaches Explained [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- How to authorize and post Slack messages from ASP.NET Core [blog.elmah.io]
- Cost of exceptions [gunnarpeipman.com]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 215 – How I’m going to replace you with an automation script – Azure Automate [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Episode 202 – Stories about Software with Erik Dietrich [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- .NET Framework June 2021 Cumulative Update Preview [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Improving Angular CI Build Time Using Azure DevOps Cache task [dotnetthoughts.net]
On Programming & Life
- How To Earn Money From Your Programmer Personal Brand in 2021 [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When all my unit tests are green [thecodinglove.com]
- When I join a brainstorming meeting with the sales team [thecodinglove.com]
- When we have 150 warnings and 0 errors [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!