Issue #77 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Global Exception Handling in ASP.NET Core – Ultimate Guide [codewithmukesh.com]
Handling exceptions in a centralized manner is a good addition to many ASP.NET Core projects. Mukesh Murugan shows us how we can implement it in our web applications.
- Getting Started with GitHub Actions for .NET Developers [www.stevejgordon.co.uk]
GitHub Actions can be an easy and simple way to add our application to the deployment pipeline. Some services even require it, so it’s probably a good idea to get familiar with it. Steve Gordon walks us through some of the GitHub Action scenarios for .NET.
- Problem Details for Better REST HTTP API Errors [codeopinion.com]
- Streaming JSON Objects (NDJSON) With HttpClient [www.tpeczek.com]
- Solve For The Next DayOfWeek From DateTime [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- ASP.NET Core in .NET 6 – Part 08 – CSS isolation for MVC Views and Razor Pages [asp.net-hacker.rocks]
- Making the calculator thread-safe: Creating a Simple Moving Average calculator in C# – Part 2 [andrewlock.net]
- Using the new PriorityQueue from .NET 6 [blog.elmah.io]
- How to generate video thumbnail with Azure function [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Quick Tip: Rethinking Generic TagHelpers [www.danylkoweb.com]
- Understanding the impact of Roslyn Analyzers on the build time [www.meziantou.net]
- Using C# Named Arguments to Declutter Complex Tests [exceptionnotfound.net]
Live & Presentation
- Why You Shouldn’t Be a Programmer [simpleprogrammer.com]
News & Updates
- .NET Framework May 2021 Security and Quality Rollup Updates [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET May 2021 Updates – 5.0.6, 3.1.15, 2.1.28 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- ASP.NET Core 6 and Authentication Servers [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- How To Customize Azure DevOps Projects Process Templates? [dailydotnettips.com]
- Running Durable Functions Locally with Azurite [markheath.net]
- Controlling my Sinclair AC using .NET and C# (from Raspberry Pi) [www.tabsoverspaces.com]
- Did you know – Visual Studio Code provides a completely focused view? [dailydotnettips.com]
- How to view the list of all local Git Repositories in Visual Studio? [dailydotnettips.com]
- Did you know – Visual Studio can add Using directive automatically on paste? [dailydotnettips.com]
- GitHub Fetch Upstream Branch [ardalis.com]
- Evolving modular monoliths: 2. Breaking up your app into multiple solutions [www.thereformedprogrammer.net]
- Publish your first docker image to Azure Container Registry [dotnetthoughts.net]
On Programming & Life
- Complete Guide for Students to Developing the Right Apps [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I apply a minor modification to my code [thecodinglove.com]
- When they ask me to write the user documentation [thecodinglove.com]
- When I explain the new guy how our tools work [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!