There’s a lot to digest this week. Besides the release of the new preview version of .NET 6, there has been a lot of interesting articles on various .NET topics.
So, get your favorite brew, sit back, relax and pick your favorite topic to read.
.NET and C#
- Role-based JWT Tokens in ASP.NET Core [weblog.west-wind.com]
When working with authentication and authorization, it’s important to get the configuration and setup right from the start. Rick Strahl goes through this setup and tackles some of the less-known aspects of JWT configuration.
- Securing Blazor Web assembly using cookies [damienbod.com]
Blazor WASM applications can be secured using cookies. Damien Bowden shows us how to do that.
- Community Question: Working With Data In An HTTP API [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Generate TypeScript and CSharp clients with NSwag based on an API [blog.johnnyreilly.com]
- Explaining the ModelState in ASP.NET 5.0 MVC [exceptionnotfound.net]
- ICYMI C# 8 New Features: Upgrade Interfaces Without Breaking Existing Code [dontcodetired.com]
- ICYMI C# 8 New Features: Prevent Bugs with Static Local Functions [dontcodetired.com]
- Hosting Two ASP.NET Core Apps In One Host [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Unexpected finding about “await using var” [www.tabsoverspaces.com]
- Generating HTTP API clients using dotnet tools and Visual Studio Connected Services [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Learn to build HTTP APIs with .NET [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- How to map IPs to country for free with .NET and IP2Location [blog.elmah.io]
- Blackjack in Blazor Part 3 – Game State and Blazor Components [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Blackjack in Blazor Part 4 – Putting it All Together [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Running npm tasks when building a .NET project [www.meziantou.net]
- Eager Load Navigation Properties By Default In EF Core [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 203 – OzCode Production Debugger [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Episode 186 – GitOps with Kelsey Hightower [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- Announcing .NET 6 Preview 2 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- ASP.NET Core updates in .NET 6 Preview 2 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Announcing Entity Framework Core 6.0 Preview 2 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET March 2021 Updates – 5.0.4, 3.1.13, 2.1.26 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET Core 2.1 will reach End of Support on August 21, 2021 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Decomposing CRUD to a Task Based UI [codeopinion.com]
- Penny Pinching in the Cloud: Azure Static Web Apps are saving me money [www.hanselman.com]
- Managed Identity, Azure SQL and Entity Framework [blog.johnnyreilly.com]
- Installing Docker Desktop for Windows and WSL 2 [andrewlock.net]
On Programming and Life
- Passion Not Required: It’s OK to Only Program for a Paycheck [exceptionnotfound.net]
- How Much Does It Cost To Build an App in 2021 [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When clients are impressed by a last minute feature we developed in a hurry [thecodinglove.com]
- When they ask me to start the project without specifications [thecodinglove.com]
- When I fix a bug discreetly during the demo [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!