This week is jam-packed with excellent articles, so let’s jump in.
Prepare your favorite brew, relax and pick a topic you like.
.NET and C#
- Razor Pages has Components too don’t you know! [jonhilton.net]
Jon Hilton talks about an overlooked aspect of ASP.NET Core Razor Pages, the ViewComponent. If you want to learn how to break down your Razor pages applications, this is the article for you.
- Raw SQL Queries With Entity Framework Core 5 [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
Entity Framework is a powerful ORM that can do many things for us and can make our lives easier. But sometimes, we just need those raw SQL queries. If that’s what you need to, read this excellent article by Khalid Abuhakmeh.
- Uploading Files With ASP.NET Core and Angular [dotnetthoughts.net]
- AWS #Transcribe Speech to Text using C# [blog.dotnetframework.org]
- Machine Learning with ML.NET – Random Forest [rubikscode.net]
- Serve ML.NET Models as HTTP APIs with minimal configuration [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Streaming Vs. Buffered Results With Entity Framework Core 5 [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Crossing the Generics Divide [jimmybogard.com]
- Distributed Caching in ASP.NET Core with Redis [sahansera.dev]
- Add Azure Key Vault to support to your ASP.NET application [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Strongly-typed Ids using C# Source Generators [www.meziantou.net]
- Add Real-Time Video, Voice, and Chat to Your App with Azure Communication Services [blog.codewithdan.com]
- Visualizing the code coverage results from Azure Pipelines in Visual Studio [www.meziantou.net]
Live & Presentation
- App In The Cloud – Live – Azure backend with CosmosDB and Azure Search – Episode 3 [danielhindrikes.se]
- Monsters Weekly 202 – Securing your Azure Functions [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Episode 185 – Game Development with Lana Lux [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- F# and F# tools update for Visual Studio 16.9 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Introducing the .NET Upgrade Assistant Preview [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- .NET Interactive with SQL!| .NET Notebooks in Visual Studio Code [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- AVOID Entity Services by Focusing on Capabilities [codeopinion.com]
- Trying the REST Client extension for VSCode [asp.net-hacker.rocks]
- IntelliSense for appsettings.json [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Configuring HTTPS using a custom TLS certificate with Netlify and Cloudflare [andrewlock.net]
- Designing for Related Data without Foreign Keys [ardalis.com]
- Understanding DROP TABLE Statement in SQL Server [codingsight.com]
On Programming and Life
- Passion Not Required: It’s OK to Only Program for a Paycheck [exceptionnotfound.net]
- 5 In-Demand Programming Skills To Acquire in 2021 [simpleprogrammer.com]
- 10 Top Highest-Paid Software Engineer Jobs in 2021 [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- Vegans of the programming world [devhumor.com]
- When they ask me if I tested my code [thecodinglove.com]
- When I’m about to do a huge commit [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!