Cold weather, excellent for staying at home and learning new stuff. As winter is kicking in around the globe (at least the Northern hemisphere) we’re gearing up and going through many excellent articles that our fellow bloggers have written.
.NET 6 preview 1 is already available for testing so make sure you jump on the .NET train quickly as it’s moving at lightning speed!
But first, relax, prepare a cup of your favorite brew, and read some of the awesome articles below.
.NET and C#
- Playing The Super Mario Bros. Theme With C# [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
One of the most famous video game tunes of all time. In C#. Khalid Abuhakmeh creates a console application to remind us what programming is all about. Fun. Give it a try!
- Export data from Google Analytics with .NET [blog.elmah.io]
An excellent take on how to extract google analytics via .NET. Google Analytics is a vital part of many websites out there so we might learn how to export data as well. A well-written article by Thomas Ardal.
- Using source generators to generate a menu component in a Blazor app [andrewlock.net]
- Explaining the ModelState in ASP.NET 5.0 MVC [exceptionnotfound.net]
- What is the difference between a DTO and a POCO (or POJO) [ardalis.com]
- ICYMI C# 8 New Features: Nested Switch Expressions [dontcodetired.com]
- Fix .NET Dependencies With Monkey Patching [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- ASP.NET Core Dependency Injection: What is the IServiceCollection? [www.stevejgordon.co.uk]
- Pure functions and unused return values [cezarypiatek.github.io]
- Implementing Blazor CRUD using Mudblazor Component Library in .NET 5 – Detailed Guide [codewithmukesh.com]
- Adding ASP.NET Core authorization for an Azure Blob Storage and Azure AD users using role assignments [damienbod.com]
- Open-source HTTP API packages and tools [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Zip files with the ZipFile class in C# [csharphelper.com]
- Machine Learning with ML.NET – Support Vector Machines [rubikscode.net]
- Correctly converting a character to lower/upper case [www.meziantou.net]
- Packaging a Roslyn Analyzer with NuGet package references [www.meziantou.net]
- Using Auth0 With An ASP.NET Core API – Part 1 – Auth0 Setup [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- Using Auth0 With An ASP.NET Core API – Part 2 – ASP.NET Core Authentication [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- Using Auth0 With An ASP.NET Core API – Part 3 – Swagger [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
Live & Presentation
- App In The Cloud – Live – Building an app with Mobile Blazor Bindings – Episode 6 [danielhindrikes.se]
- Event Sourcing Example & Explained in plain English [codeopinion.com]
- Monsters Weekly 199 – Diagnosing ASP.NET Core Startup Issues in Azure App Service [aspnetmonsters.com]
News & Updates
- Announcing .NET 6 Preview 1 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Announcing Entity Framework Core 6.0 Preview 1 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- ASP.NET Core updates in .NET 6 Preview 1 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET Framework February 2021 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework. [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Setting an initial password when deploying Seq to Docker [blog.datalust.co]
- Azure DevOps Dashboard – Using Group By Tags [ailydotnettips.com]
- DotNet Boxed includes prescriptive templates for .NET Core [www.hanselman.com]
- Staying safe with .NET containers [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Making Easy Auth tokens survive releases on Linux Azure App Service [blog.johnnyreilly.com]
On Programming and Life
- Why Git is Still Relevant in 2021, and Will Be for a Long Time [simpleprogrammer.com]
- The Pros and Cons of Open-Source Software [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When the sales guy tells me he has a huge experience with HTML programming [thecodinglove.com]
- When it’s time to speak about the project budget with the client [thecodinglove.com]
- When I see my ticket backlog on Monday morning [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!