This week we bring you a new batch of interesting articles to read during the weekend. Continuous improvement is important for any software developer and this is the best place to start honing your skills and keeping up-to-date.
So, take a short break from whatever you do and pick one article you think can improve your existing knowledge.
.NET and C#
- Choosing a ServiceLifetime [jimmybogard.com]
Choosing an appropriate service lifetime is sometimes harder than it looks like. Jimmy Bogard helps us understand it better and explains how to remove a big source of frustration in our projects. This is an important topic to understand, so if you find yourself having problems when choosing service lifetimes, give this article a chance.
- .NET 5 Source Generators Jump Start [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
Source generators are a brand new feature and one we feel is still not explored. Khalid Abuhakmeh gives us an excellent introduction to source generators and helps us get started.
- A/B Testing with App Service [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Using C# Source Generators to create an external DSL [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Avoiding a Big Ball of Mud [codeopinion.com]
- Permission-Based Authorization in ASP.NET Core – Complete User Management Guide in .NET 5 [codewithmukesh.com]
- Prerendering a Blazor WebAssembly app to static files, without an ASP.NET Core host app [andrewlock.net]
- Blackjack in Blazor Part 2 – The C# Classes [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Using ValueTask to create methods that can work as sync or async [www.thereformedprogrammer.net]
- ICYMI C# 8 New Features: Switch Expressions [dontcodetired.com]
- Easily save and restore CheckedListBox values in the Registry in C# [csharphelper.com]
- OSC mixer control in C# [codeblog.jonskeet.uk]
- How to use FastReport Open Source in ASP.NET Core Web application [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Simplifying paths handling in .NET code with the FullPath type [www.meziantou.net]
- Implement OAUTH Device Code Flow with Azure AD and ASP.NET Core [damienbod.com]
- How to update a database’s schema without using EF Core’s migrate feature [www.thereformedprogrammer.net]
- Using HTMX with ASP.NET Core: Introduction [www.jerriepelser.com]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 196 – Visual Studio Code Snippets [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Episode 180 – Felienne Hermans: The Programmer’s Brain [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- Improvements to the new Razor editor in Visual Studio [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Github Actions for Visual Studio Extension developers [cezarypiatek.github.io]
- Perfecting the password field with the HTML passwordrules attribute [www.scottbrady91.com]
- Demystifying Service Principals – Managed Identities [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Distributed Systems Pattern: Idempotent Receiver [martinfowler.com]
- Git Tips & Best Practices for Beginners [codingsight.com]
On Programming and Life
- Choose Excitement over Fear [ardalis.com]
- Finding a Job During a Pandemic for Programmers [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- My decision tree for learning something new in tech. [devhumor.com]
- true happiness [devhumor.com]
- When I come across an if(true) [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!