This week we’ve noticed an increase in Blazor related articles, which is expected in our opinion. Blazor WASM has still a long way to go but it’s gaining popularity by the day. Other than that there are plenty of other quality articles to pick from this week.
If you have a blog that you follow regularly and you think shares good content each week, make sure to recommend them to us, and we’ll include them in one of our future issues.
Also, there are just three more days left to grab our “Ultimate ASP.NET Core Web API” program at a 30% discount (.NET 5 update).
.NET and C#
- Enabling prerendering for Blazor WebAssembly apps [andrewlock.net]
Prerendering of Blazor WASM applications. Prerendering content on the server-side has several advantages, so check out this article by Andrew Lock to discover what these are and how to set up prerendering in your Blazor WASM app.
- Deep Dive into Open Telemetry for .NET [rehansaeed.com]
A post by Muhammad Rehan Saeed that covers Open Telemetry open-source specification and goes a bit more into collecting trace data. If telemetry is your thing right now, this might be the perfect article to start with.
- Canceling background tasks when a user navigates away from a Blazor component [www.meziantou.net]
- Messaging Commands & Events Explained! [codeopinion.com]
- Using ASP.NET Core Controllers and Razor Pages from a separate shared project or assembly [damienbod.com]
- Blackjack in Blazor Part 1 – Rules and Modeling the Game [exceptionnotfound.net]
- How to fix Blazor WASM base path problems [blog.elmah.io]
- Azure Easy Auth and Roles with .NET and Microsoft.Identity.Web [blog.johnnyreilly.com]
- Find Prime Numbers With C# 9 [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Make numbered buttons in C# [csharphelper.com]
- Flatten Strings with Regex.Replace [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- New features for unit testing your Entity Framework Core 5 code [www.thereformedprogrammer.net]
- Creating Modern And Helpful Command Line Utilities With System.CommandLine [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 200e – Conversations with Scott Hunter [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Episode 179 – Uno Platform with Jérôme Laban [6figuredev.com]
News & Updates
- The Plan for Entity Framework Core 6.0 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET Framework January Security and Quality Rollup Update [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Using Tailscale on Windows to network more easily with WSL2 and Visual Studio Code [www.hanselman.com]
- Quick tip: listing global dev tools and extensions [markheath.net]
- Automating Azure Access Restrictions with the Azure CLI [markheath.net]
- No App Is An Island [dontcodetired.com]
- MVC Controllers are Dinosaurs – Embrace API Endpoints [ardalis.com]
- Working inside WSL using Visual Studio Code [asp.net-hacker.rocks]
- Most Active .NET Facebook Groups to Follow in 2021 [codingsonata.com]
- Distributed Systems Pattern: State Watch [martinfowler.com]
On Programming and Life
- Top 7 Tools To Improve Your Web Development Workflow [simpleprogrammer.com]
- 5 Practical Tips For Your Tech Resume [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- Some Things Never Change [devhumor.com]
- When someone forwards me a ticket and it’s for a CSS bug [thecodinglove.com]
- Debugging chair [devhumor.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!