Seems like December is a great time for great articles. Here’s a list for this week:
.NET and C#
- Properly Setting Up .NET Framework Projects [dotnettips.wordpress.com]
Learn what’s missing from your Visual Studio template for .NET Framework projects.
- An Introduction to System.Threading.Channels [devblogs.microsoft.com]
An article on how to build a storage for supporting producer/consumer system with System.Threading.Channels library.
- Thread-safe observable collection in .NET [meziantou.net]
Observable collections are not thread-safe. Here’s a way to make them so by sacrificing a bit of memory.
- Add a swipe menu to your Xamarin.Forms app [danielhindrikes.se]
- Runtime Host Configuration Options and AppContext data in .NET Core [strathweb.com]
- Using Resource Files In Razor Pages Localization [mikesdotnetting.com]
- .NET Core, Docker, and Cultures – Solving a culture issue porting a .NET Core app from Windows to Linux [andrewlock.net]
- ASP.NET Core: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions [elanderson.net]
- Setting assembly and NuGet package metadata in .NET Core [cezarypiatek.github.io]
- ConfigureAwait FAQ [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Reading Excel Files In .NET Core [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- 8 Tips and Tricks for Writing the Best Queries in LINQ to Entities [syncfusion.com]
News and Updates
- Updating an ASP.NET Core 2.2 Web Site to .NET Core 3.1 LTS [hanselman.com]
- .NET Framework December 2019 Security and Quality Rollup [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Live & Recordings
- Presentation: Monoliths, Microservices, Events, Functions: What It Takes to Go Through the Transformation [infoq.com]
- Presentation: When Machine Learning Can’t Replace the Human [infoq.com]
- How to Convert HTML to a PDF (Video) [grapecity.com]
- How CI/CD helps digital organizations [computerweekly.com]
- Azure DevOps: Setting up and pushing NuGet package [sachabarbs.wordpress.com]
- Start PowerShell Faster With This One Trick [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- We made Windows Server Core container images >40% smaller [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Should We Be Thinking of APIs in a more Polyglot Way? [wildermuth.com]
- Things I Wish I Knew About ChromeWebDriver Last Week [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
On Programming and Life
- Full-time Vs Freelance Programmer: Which Type Are You? [simpleprogrammer.com]
- Advice to my 20 year old self [hanselman.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When after 10 meetings we still don’t understand what the client wants [thecodinglove.com]
- Comic for December 09, 2019 [dilbert.com]
- When the senior developer fixes a complex bug with 2 lines of code [thecodinglove.com]
- When I try to understand a regex [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about the future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!