About Code Maze
Code Maze is a well-established .NET and C# blog and the place where we enthusiastically share our knowledge about Microsoft technologies, focusing on web development. We are trying to help people understand how to make web applications using the best practices and newest technologies.
When we write articles, we prefer clarity over complexity. We believe that everyone should be able to understand and apply the knowledge gained by reading our content. The majority of our content is practical and we like writing hands-on guides that anyone can grasp.
By writing for us you can get a broad exposure of about 200k users monthly.
To see with whom you will work exactly, you can check out the About Us page too.
So Why Would you Write for Code Maze?
Besides working with us directly and having us help you improve your skills, you get to research and write about what you really like and give back to the community.
But there are a plethora of “aggregator” websites out there you can write for, right? Yes, that’s true, but besides being on your own, and having no guidance you would be competing against many other writers on the same platform. We really care about our writers and we will work together to achieve the best possible result.
And guess what, you even get paid for everything you write! We respect your time and commitment!
This can something extra that helps you both financially and career-wise.
Who Should Apply
We expect our authors to have a decent mastery of the English language, as well as a technical understanding of the article topic. While previous writing experience is a plus, it’s certainly not necessary to be able to apply.
Publishing Process Schedule
Once you submit an article, we are going to review it and give you technical and language feedback. We will help you tidy up and wrap up the article in the shortest time manageable.
We are trying to publish quality articles first and foremost, so the length of the article should be at least 750+ words. If you feel your article should be shorter, we can review it and discuss it further. Some exceptions to this rule are allowed.
Currently, our publishing schedule is one or two articles weekly but it’s flexible. Depending on how many articles we have pending, your article should be published in a week or two.
We don’t expect you to write for fame and glory, but you can write using your own name. Otherwise, we pay you for the work you invest in producing content.
The price can vary depending on how long the article is and how much work we had to do to get it to the finish line.
When you start working with us we categorize you in one of many writing levels (~20) depending on your writing and technical skills. Those that apply the suggestions, work on their writing skills, and stay with us can rapidly advance through the levels and earn more money.
We typically handle payments via PayPal for now, but other options are available as well.
There are three ways to get your article published on Code Maze.
- Under generic Code Maze account (you get paid)
- Using your name and profile (non-paid variant, your typical guest blog post)
- Published using your own name and getting paid (this is reserved for the writers who stick with us longer)
While almost everyone likes getting paid, there are some benefits of guest posting using your own name and linking to your website. So we are keeping that option available too.
There are a variety of topics available to write about, but we are trying to limit our content to these major topics:
- .NET Core/C# application development
- ASP.NET Core web application development
- Angular, React.js, or some other JS framework technology combined with .NET Core backend
- General web knowledge, like HTTP and REST
- Best practices in web development
- Security, authentication, and authorization in .NET
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (tools, processes, deployment)
- Useful third-party libraries for .NET Core
While we have a lot of pending topics to write about, you can always suggest your own idea and we will consider it.
We can’t emphasize enough that we have zero tolerance for plagiarism of any sort. The articles should be original, expressed in your own opinion and words.
How to Get Started?
You can start by introducing yourself to us by using the contact form.
After we get to know you, we are going to make you a Contributor account. That way you’ll be able to write an article, but not to publish it.
- Before you start writing we are going to share some guidelines to make your job easier (and ours too). Be sure to go through our article formatting guidelines, good writing guidelines, and code formatting guidelines.
- We agree upon a topic and you start writing.
- Once you finish your article, you can contact us again and we’re going to review the article.
- After that, we’ll go together through the feedback and give you suggestions on how to improve it.
- Upon integration of the feedback, we hit Publish and congrats, you are online!
So as you can see, it’s quite easy to apply, so don’t hesitate and let us know you are interested!