The holiday season is over and we’re back at full speed. This weekly is full of useful articles. Enjoy!
.NET and C#
- Authentication & Authorization in ASP .NET Core 3.1 [wakeupandcode.com]
A comprehensive article from Shahed Chowdhuri that goes through authentication and authorization in different projects in ASP.NET Core.
- Getting Started with the AWS SDK in .NET Core [www.stevejgordon.co.uk]
Steve Gordon covers the basics of working with AWS SDK in .NET Core.
- ASP.NET Core Integration Testing & Mocking using Moq [rehansaeed.com]
- Debugging ASP.NET Web Request Errors: The Complete Guide [michaelscodingspot.com]
- Logging the selected Endpoint Name with Serilog: Using Serilog.AspNetCore in ASP.NET Core 3.0 – Part 2 [andrewlock.net]
- Requiring MFA for Admin Pages in an ASP.NET Core Identity application [damienbod.com]
- Razor Pages Localisation – SEO-friendly URLs [www.mikesdotnetting.com]
- Log Requests and Responses in ASP.NET Core 3 [elanderson.net]
- Battling Spam In Your ASP.NET Core Applications with Akismet [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Understanding Nullable Value Types in C# [sahansera.dev]
- EF Core 3.1 breaks left join with no navigation property [blog.johnnyreilly.com]
- Live Coding In .NET Core Using “dotnet watch” [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- Intro To C# Tuples [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- Switch Expressions are the Best Feature of C# 8 [odetocode.com]
News & Updates
- Uno Platform 2.0 RELOADED – General Availability, Hot Reload and more! [platform.uno]
- MediatR 8.0 Released [jimmybogard.com]
- RestClient.Net 3.0 [christianfindlay.com]
Live & Recordings
- Continuously audit web app performance using Google lighthouse and Azure DevOps [dotnetthoughts.net]
Other Interesting Articles
- The Difficulty of Disclosure, Surebet247, and the Streisand Effect [www.troyhunt.com]
- The BEST Programming Languages To Learn In 2020 (#1 WILL SHOCK YOU) [simpleprogrammer.com]
- How Blockchain Is Transforming the Software Development Industry [simpleprogrammer.com]
- How I Do (Hopefully) Fair Performance Reviews for Software Developers [blog.pragmaticengineer.com]
On Programming and Life
- Learning Path To Become A Backend Developer in 2020 [programmingwithmosh.com]
- Become a Better Developer Through Blogging [www.stevejgordon.co.uk]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- The API I am dealing with has found THE BEST WAY to represent the country field. [devhumor.com]
- When we let a Back End developer handle the HTML/CSS integration [thecodinglove.com]
- When someone asks how my return to work went [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about the future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!