As expected of the holiday season, we’ve seen fewer articles, but there are some really interesting pieces nonetheless. Check them out:
.NET and C#
- A technique for building high-performance databases with EF Core [thereformedprogrammer.net]
An exceptional article by Jon P Smith about the EF Core queries optimization using an event-driven approach. If you want to improve your EF Core queries, this is a very good read!
- ASP.NET Core: when environments are not enough, use sub-environments! [thomaslevesque.com]
Setting up an environment-specific configuration in .NET Core is a breeze. How about sub-environment configuration then?
- Using NSwag to Generate React Client for an ASP.NET Core 3 API [elanderson.net]
- Properly Setting Up .NET Core Projects [dotnettips.wordpress.com]
- Kestrel vs IIS [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- Hosting An ASP.NET Core Web Application In IIS [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- Hello ASP .NET Core v3.1! [wakeupandcode.com]
- Experimenting with OData in ASP.NET Core 3.1 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Live & Recordings
- Top Stories from the Microsoft DevOps Community – 2019.12.20 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- When Is Data “Public”? (And 2.5M Public Factual Records in HIBP) [troyhunt.com]
- GraphQL: Thinking Beyond the Technology [dzone.com]
- 5 Effective Tips To Improve Coding Speed for Programmers [simpleprogrammer.com]
On Programming and Life
- How to Say “No” to an Excessive Workload as a Developer [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- Comic for December 26, 2019 [dilbert.com]
- When I just finished fixing a bug and a new one appears [thecodinglove.com]
- Last git push before holidays [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about the future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!