Here are some of the best articles regarding .NET, C#, DevOps, and a bit of humor for this week.
.NET and C#
- Converting a .NET Standard 2.0 library to .NET Core 3.0 [andrewlock.net]
The first part of the series of articles about upgrading to ASP.NET Core 3.0 by Andrew Lock.
- IHostingEnvironment vs IHostEnvironment – obsolete types in .NET Core 3.0 [andrewlock.net]
The second part of the series of articles about upgrading to ASP.NET Core 3.0 by Andrew Lock.
- High-Performance Logging in .NET Core [stevejgordon.co.uk]
Steve shows us how to implement a high-performance logging system to reduce the load and overhead of logging in our applications.
- Is Dapper (still) faster than Entity Framework Core [exceptionnotfound.net]
- How does the ASP.NET Core SPA development experience work with React, Angular, and VueJS? [blog.maartenballiauw.be]
- Mocking an Authenticated User in Blazor/ASP.NET Core [visualstudiomagazine.com]
News and Updates
- Improvements in .NET Core 3.0 for troubleshooting and monitoring distributed apps [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Announcing .NET Core 3.1 Preview 3 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- ASP.NET Core updates in .NET Core 3.1 Preview 3 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Live & Recordings
- #FAIL [www.infoq.com]
- Podcast: Dave Farley on taking back software engineering [www.infoq.com]
- A Jenkins tutorial for beginners with examples [theserverside.com]
- Azure Cosmos DB use cases [searchcloudcomputing.techtarget.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Part 21 – WikiLeaks and Julian Assange [simpleprogrammer.com]
- Waterfall Process [martinfowler.com]
On Programming and Life
- Biggest challenges in society tackled by IoT [internetofthingsagenda.techtarget.com]
- Creating Good Habits for Remote Work [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- Dilbert on Dark Matter [dilbert.com]
- Extrapolation [reddit.com]
- Using a Framework Without Documentation [thecodinglove.com]