Issue #81 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Caching Enum.ToString to improve performance [www.meziantou.net]
How to make converting an enum value to a string using the
ToString()less expensive by Gérald Barré.
- C# Pattern Matching Quick Guide And Examples [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
A few excellent examples of C# pattern matching by Khalid Abuhakmeh.
- Running .NET Core Apps on a Framework other than Compiled Version? [weblog.west-wind.com]
- ICYMI C# 9 New Features: Top-level Statements [dontcodetired.com]
- Select rectangular areas in an image in WPF and C# [csharphelper.com]
- Show a name and profile photo with .NET and Gravatar [blog.elmah.io]
- Solitaire in Blazor Part 2 – The C# Classes [exceptionnotfound.net]
- What to Expect in .NET 6 [www.grapecity.com]
- Microsoft Identity Claims in ASP.NET Core: OperationAuthorization Requirement [danylkoweb.com]
- Using the Google search #API in C# [blog.dotnetframework.org]
- Azure Functions and .NET 5: Query params, Dependency Injection, Bicep & Build [icanmakethiswork.blogspot.com]
Live & Presentation
- Guest on .NET Docs Show: Making Phone Calls from Blazor WebAssembly with Twilio Voice [swimburger.net]
- Real-Time Web by leveraging Event-Driven Architecture [codeopinion.com]
News & Updates
- Microsoft released Visual Studio 2022 Preview 1 [dotnetthoughts.net]
- .NET Framework June 2021 Cumulative Update Preview [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET June 2021 Updates – 5.0.7 and 3.1.16 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET Framework June 2021 Security and Quality Rollup Updates [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Migration of Bing’s Workflow Engine to .NET 5 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- dotnet repl [hanselman.com]
- Creating Docker multi-arch images for ARM64 from Windows [andrewlock.net]
- Prioritizing and Microservices [ardalis.com]
- Conversation about networking [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Conversation about diagnostics [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Deploying a Static Web App via Azure DevOps Pipeline [dotnetthoughts.net]
- A Simple Use Case for Indexes on Primary Keys [codingsight.com]
On Programming & Life
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I see the intern shipping to production for the very first time [thecodinglove.com]
- When a huge merge works without any error [thecodinglove.com]
- When I reopen my code full of bugs on Monday morning [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!