Issue #73 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Viewing overwritten configuration values in ASP.NET Core [andrewlock.net]
Visualizing and seeing what our configuration values are organized can come in handy. You can learn how to do this in this excellent article by Andrew Lock.
- Securing Blazor Web assembly using Cookies and Auth0 [damienbod.com]
Another great article by Damien Bowden in which he talks about securing Blazor WebAssembly applications with cookies and Auth0.
- Top Level Statement in C# 9.0 [dailydotnettips.com]
- Active Class Tag Helper in ASP.NET Core [dotnetthoughts.net]
- WebView2: Forwarding Alt Keys to a Host WPF Window [weblog.west-wind.com]
- Tetris in Blazor Part 4: Displaying the Grid and a Falling Tetromino [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Testing Exceptions with xUnit and Actions [ardalis.com]
- Generate Links To ASP.NET Core Map Endpoints [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- How To Add Models To ASP.NET Core [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Organizing (Commands, Events & Handlers) in Microservices [codeopinion.com]
- The .NET Stacks #44: APIs that are light as a feather [daveabrock.com]
- Subscribe users to a Mailchimp newsletter from .NET/C# [blog.elmah.io]
- .NET 6: Async Improvements [www.infoq.com]
- Instant Feedback Is Here: Introducing Hot Reload in .NET 6 [daveabrock.com]
- ASP.NET Core in .NET 6 – Part 05 – Input ElementReference in Blazor [asp.net-hacker.rocks]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 206 – String or Binary Data Would be Truncated [aspnetmonsters.com]
News & Updates
- Announcing .NET 6 Preview 3 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- ASP.NET Core updates in .NET 6 Preview 3 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Announcing .NET Multi-platform App UI Preview 3 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET April 2021 Updates – .NET Core 3.1.14 and .NET Core 2.1.27 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Show dotnet: Build your own unit test platform? The true story of .NET nanoFramework. [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- The blueprint to securely solve the elusive zero-touch provisioning of IoT devices at scale [azure.microsoft.com]
- Show dotnet: Animating 40 LEDs with charlieplexing [devblogs.microsoft.com]
On Programming & Life
- Testing Software Engineers During an Interview; There is a Better Way! [dotnettips.wordpress.com]
- 7 Things I Wish I Knew When I Applied for My First Developer Job [simpleprogrammer.com]
- Creating Value as a Freelancer [www.danylkoweb.com]
- Tracking Cloudflare Worker requests using Application Insights [www.meziantou.net]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I’m looking for an answer in the documentation [thecodinglove.com]
- When I launch the debug mode [thecodinglove.com]
- When I realize I used the wrong file for my database import [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!