Issue #70 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out the articles we’ve selected for you this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Getting Started with the Roslyn APIs: Writing Code with Code [www.stevejgordon.co.uk]
Roslyn is one of the less explored and niche areas of .NET. Steve Gordon shows us how to get started with writing code that writes code for us with a few fantastic examples.
- Blast Off with Blazor: Add a shared dialog component [daveabrock.com]
One of the several excellent articles about Blazor by Dave Brock. In this part, Dave uses MudBlazor to create a shared dialog component.
- Create ZIP files on HTTP request without intermediate files using ASP.NET MVC, Razor Pages, and endpoints [swimburger.net]
- Is a REST API with CQRS Possible? [codeopinion.com]
- How To Build A Basic HTTP API With ASP.NET Core [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- ASP.NET Core in .NET 6 – Part 02 – Update on dotnet watch [asp.net-hacker.rocks]
- Debugging configuration values in ASP.NET Core [andrewlock.net]
- LiveReloadServer – A Generic Static Web Server with Live Reload based on .NET [weblog.west-wind.com]
- ICYMI C# 8 New Features: Asynchronous Streams [dontcodetired.com]
- C# 9 records as strongly-typed ids – Part 5: final bits and conclusion [thomaslevesque.com]
- How To Add A View To An Entity Framework Core DbContext [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Tetris in Blazor WebAssembly [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Setting dynamic Metadata for Blazor Web assembly [damienbod.com]
- Unit Testing 101: Write your first unit test in C# with MSTest [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Testing Web Applications with PlayWright and C# [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Rewriting git history using C# (git filter-branch alternative) [www.meziantou.net]
- Easy generation of fake/dummy data in C# with Faker.Net [blog.elmah.io]
- ASP.NET Core Health Checks [sahansera.dev]
Live & Presentation
- Episode 188 – Designing for Scale with James Avery [6figuredev.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Visual Studio hotkeys at the PowerShell command line in Windows Terminal [www.hanselman.com]
On Programming and Life
- Soft Skills for Developers: Your Guide To Getting and Growing a Career [simpleprogrammer.com]
- 5 Examples of SMART Goals That Will Make You a Better Programmer [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When someone shows me their code and their IDE is in light mode [thecodinglove.com]
- When I am about to fix a bug in production [thecodinglove.com]
- When my PR gets rejected by the senior developer [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!