Another week, another set of excellent articles in our newest newsletter. Time to take a time off your daily job, relax and read some of the quality articles we’ve been able to prepare for you.
Pick your favorite topic, take a sip of your favorite drink and start the weekend the right way.
.NET and C#
- Building real-time applications on Angular with ASPNET Core and SignalR [dotnetthoughts.net]
Need to build a real-time application? Here’s an article by Anuraj Parameswaran that goes into detail on how to create exactly that in ASP.NET Core.
- Keep Tests Short and DRY with Extension Methods [ardalis.com]
Reducing boilerplate code involved in creating functional tests for testing API endpoints is the topic of this awesome article by Steve Smith.
- Exporting Open Telemetry Data to Jaeger [rehansaeed.com]
- Tiny top-level programs with C# 9 and SmallSharp and Visual Studio [www.hanselman.com]
- Using Bebop With A C# TCP Server [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Blackjack in Blazor Part 4 – Putting it All Together [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Rate limiting API requests with ASP.NET Core and AspNetCoreRateLimit [blog.elmah.io]
- ICYMI C# 8 New Features: Simplify If Statements with Property Pattern Matching [dontcodetired.com]
- Entity Framework Core and ASP.NET Core Cycle Issue and Solution [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Simulate a doubling betting strategy in C# [csharphelper.com]
- Aggregate (Root) Design: Behavior & Data [codeopinion.com]
- Using source generators to find all routable components in a Blazor WebAssembly app [andrewlock.net]
- Secure Azure AD User File Upload with Azure AD Storage and ASP.NET Core [damienbod.com]
- Creating Discoverable HTTP APIs with ASP.NET Core 5 Web API [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Storing temporary data in #Redis in C# [blog.dotnetframework.org]
- Using HTMX with ASP.NET Core: Deleting items with a page refresh [www.jerriepelser.com]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 198 – MassTransit with Chris Patterson [aspnetmonsters.com]
News & Updates
- .NET February 2021 Updates – 5.0.3, 3.1.12, 2.1.25 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- .NET Framework February Security and Quality Rollup [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- February patches for Azure DevOps Server [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Azure DevOps Roadmap update for 2021 Q1 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- My experience of using the Clean Code architecture with a Modular Monolith [www.thereformedprogrammer.net]
- Azure App Service, Health checks and zero downtime deployments [blog.johnnyreilly.com]
- Visual Studio 2019 Docker Tooling [markheath.net]
- Opening an Admin Windows Terminal from Visual Studio [weblog.west-wind.com]
- Monitor Azure WebJobs status with Azure Application Insights [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Working inside a Docker container using Visual Studio Code [asp.net-hacker.rocks]
On Programming and Life
- Dream Big: Three Months in at Elastic [www.stevejgordon.co.uk]
- How the World of Remote Work Will Change in 2021 [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When a senior expert joins us on the project [thecodinglove.com]
- When I get promoted as a tech lead [thecodinglove.com]
- When I revert a messed up commit [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!