The holiday season has officially started. We’ve seen so many excellent articles this year and despite 2020 being a challenging year for many, we’ve kept going and that’s what matters. So whether you’re on vacation or enjoying with your family or just relaxing (or even working), happy holidays, and let’s prepare together for 2021 which is around the corner.
.NET and C#
- Avoid C# 9 Record Gotchas [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
C# is still fresh, but there are some gotchas we can be aware of even now. Khalid goes over his list of things we should look out for in order to avoid bugs in the future.
- Why .NET Standard Is Still Relevant [christianfindlay.com]
Christian gives his opinion on why .NET Standard is still very much essential and talks about the consequences of not using it. He also gives some examples of how we can keep using it for the sake of technologies that still haven’t migrated to .NET 5.
- C# 9 records as strongly-typed ids – Part 4: Entity Framework Core integration [thomaslevesque.com]
- How to run SQL Server as a Docker container instead of using LocalDB [markheath.net]
- Supercharge Blogging With .NET and Ruby Frankenblog [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Implementing #EV #X509 parsing in C# (.NET Core) [blog.dotnetframework.org]
- C# In Simple Terms – Iterators [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Nullable reference types; CSharp’s very own strictNullChecks [blog.johnnyreilly.com]
- Caching an IEnumerable instance [www.meziantou.net]
- Publish Source Link NuGet Packages with Azure Pipelines [christianfindlay.com]
Live & Presentation
- Monsters Weekly 195 – Playwright with Arjun Attam [aspnetmonsters.com]
- Episode 175 – Dave Glick: Statiq Sites and Open Source [6figuredev.com]
- Monsters Weekly 200b – Conversations with Julie Lerman [aspnetmonsters.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Taking your PowerShell prompt to the next level with Windows Terminal and Oh my Posh 3 [www.hanselman.com]
On Programming and Life
- Get Your Head in The Cloud – Why Developers and Designers Need to Sign Up For AWS [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When there’s a major production outage and everybody is on vacation except me [thecodinglove.com]
- When the sales guy takes the initiative to commit to deadlines without asking us first [thecodinglove.com]
- When it’s my 15th attempt and my compilation keeps failing [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!