Sometimes is really hard to pick the best articles to feature in the newsletter. This week is no different. There’s a ton of great articles to read, and new things to learn, so brace yourselves, Code Maze Weekly #55 is coming. We feel blessed to be able to read and learn great articles each week, so we want to share at least a bit of this blessing with you. Prepare your coffee mug, pick your favorite topic and read on.
.NET and C#
- Common Use Cases For .NET Reflection [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
Reflection is one of those features that are immensely convenient but come with a great price if not used correctly. Learning reflection should come with a “when to use it” manual, so let’s read about some reflection use cases that Khalid Abuhakmeh prepared for us this week.
- Predicting Die Hard fans with ML.NET and C# [blog.elmah.io]
If you’re interested in machine learning and using ML.NET in your projects, take a look at this article by Thomas Ardal to learn how you can use ML.NET in some real-world scenarios. Finding Die Hard haters might be too hard a task to accomplish though. Or is it?
- Simplifying Multithreaded Scenarios With PostSharp Threading [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- 8 Extension Methods to Simplify Coding in 2020 [www.danylkoweb.com]
- Microsoft Identity Claims: Isolating Enumerations, Part 2 [www.danylkoweb.com]
- Using multiple APIs in Angular and ASP.NET Core with Azure AD authentication [damienbod.com]
- Running Playwright on Azure Functions [dotnetthoughts.net]
- How to configure CSP Headers for Static Website Hosted in Azure Blob Storage [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Securing Your Web API Using Azure Active Directory [dotnetthoughts.net]
- How to do OAuth2 Authorization in ASP.NET Core for Swagger UI using Swashbuckle [dotnetthoughts.net]
- Toast Notifications in ASP.NET Core – Simple & Elegant [www.codewithmukesh.com]
- Using action results and content negotiation with “route-to-code” APIs [andrewlock.net]
- Migrating ASP.NET MVC applications to .NET Core: Session issue with multiple sites on different ports. [www.mobilize.net]
- Dark mode for your web applications (using Blazor and Tailwind CSS) [jonhilton.net]
- C# in Simple Terms – Dates and Times [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Producing Packages with Source Link [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- How to handle unique constraint violations [enterprisecraftsmanship.com]
- Using .NET and PowerPoint to generate cover images [www.meziantou.net]
Live & Presentation
- Episode 173 – bUnit: A Blazor Testing Lib w/ Egil Hansen [6figuredev.com]
- Monsters Weekly 194 – Single File Applications in .NET 5 [aspnetmonsters.com]
News & Updates
- Infer#: Interprocedural Memory Safety Analysis For C# [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- You should be customizing your PowerShell Prompt with PSReadLine [www.hanselman.com]
- Your Ultimate Guide to SQL Join: CROSS JOIN – Part 3 [codingsight.com]
On Programming and Life
- Curated .NET Developers and Blogs to Follow in 2021 [codingsonata.com]
- How to not get SCAMMED as a FREELANCER Programmer [simpleprogrammer.com]
- How To Build a Project and Then Use It To Land a Job [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When I think I’m deleting useless lines in a legacy code [thecodinglove.com]
- When I was thinking that the bug couldn’t be worse than this [thecodinglove.com]
- When the client tries to use the back office application [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!