In this special issue #50, we’ve got important news about .NET 5, which is going to be revealed and released next week on .NET Conf! We look forward to new features and optimizations and we’re going to focus a lot on them in the following months. Other than that, there is a bunch of interesting and useful articles to go through, so lay back, pick an article and relax a bit for the weekend.
.NET and C#
- Additional HTTP, Sockets, DNS and TLS Telemetry in .NET 5 [www.stevejgordon.co.uk]
Steve Gordon shows us some of the new ways to do telemetry in .NET 5 so we can diagnose and fix our problems easier, both during the development and in the production environment.
- How to get ASP.NET Core logs in the output of xUnit tests [www.meziantou.net]
Seeing ASP.NET Core logs as part of the test output sounds like a useful feature. Gérald Barré describes how to implement this, so take a look and try it out yourself.
- C# in Simple Terms – Arrays and Collections [exceptionnotfound.net]
- C# in Simple Terms – Exceptions and Exception Handling [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Implement a Blazor full-text search using Azure Cognitive Search [damienbod.com]
- How to send push notifications to a browser in ASP.NET Core [blog.elmah.io]
- Using C# 9 records as strongly-typed ids [thomaslevesque.com]
- New Environment.ProcessId in .NET 5 [www.tabsoverspaces.com]
- Module Initializers In C# 9 [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Secure ASP.NET Core Web API using JWT Authentication [codingsonata.com]
- Domain model purity and lazy loading [enterprisecraftsmanship.com]
- C#9 – init-only properties are not read-only at runtime [www.meziantou.net]
- Looking At System.IO.Path [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
Live & Presentation
- What is DevOps? with Donovan Brown [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Episode 168 – Oqtane and OSS with Shaun Walker [6figuredev.com]
- Monsters Weekly 189 – New Features in Playwright 1.5 [aspnetmonsters.com]
News & Updates
- .NET 5.0 Launches at .NET Conf, November 10-12 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Unified Blazor UI in the Mobile Blazor Bindings Preview 5 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Quick Post: Filter Records in TypeScript using Builder Pattern [danylkoweb.com]
- CQRS Myths: 3 Most Common Misconceptions [codeopinion.com]
- Async code smells and how to track them down with analyzers – Summary [cezarypiatek.github.io]
- How to allow executable .exe files to be downloaded with ASP.NET Core and UseStaticFiles middleware [www.hanselman.com]
On Programming and Life
- Why You Should NOT Start a Startup as a Programmer [simpleprogrammer.com]
- Article: Q&A on the Book Working Remotely [www.infoq.com]
- The Essential Guide to Becoming an IoT Developer [simpleprogrammer.com]
- How To Start a Freelance Programming Career [simpleprogrammer.com]
- Software Licensing: Mistakes and Best Practices [christianfindlay.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- The old age problem of junior sysadmin or programmer [devhumor.com]
- When the intern starts giving me advice on how to write better code [thecodinglove.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about the future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!