Issue #116 of the Code Maze weekly.
Check out what’s new this week and enjoy the read.
.NET and C#
- Performance benefits of sealed class in .NET [www.meziantou.net]
Gérald Barré gives us a nice insight into the performance benefits of using sealed classes.
- Real-World Refactoring: Complex LINQ-ing [www.danylkoweb.com]
Some interesting real-world LINQ applications by Jonathan Danylko.
Other Great Reads
- Creating a Windows Service with .NET 6 [csharp.christiannagel.com]
- Trying out OData for the first time [timdeschryver.dev]
- Building NServiceBus Metrics with OpenTelemetry and System.Diagnostics.Metrics [jimmybogard.com]
- Onboarding new users in an ASP.NET Core application using Azure B2C [damienbod.com]
- Just because you stopped waiting for it, doesn’t mean the Task stopped running [andrewlock.net]
- Middleware in ASP.NET 6 – Custom Middleware Classes [exceptionnotfound.net]
- Announcing Event-Driven .NET – An Event-Driven Microservices Platform for .NET [blog.tonysneed.com]
- Unit Tests For Legacy Systems with .NET 6 [khalidabuhakmeh.com]
- Monsters Weekly 244 – Run GitHub Actions Locally [aspnetmonsters.com]
News & Updates
- .NET 5.0 will reach End of Support on May 08, 2022 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Don’t let your users get pwned via email HTML injection [swimburger.net]
- Using SQL Server Sequences To Generate Unique Values [dotnetcoretutorials.com]
- Building a Webhooks System with Event-Driven Architecture [codeopinion.com]
- Automation of Database Maintenance in SQL Server 2019 Express Edition [codingsight.com]
On Programming & Life
- 12 Amazing Facts About AI [simpleprogrammer.com]
- 7 Ways to Prevent Daily Burnout as a Programmer [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- When my coworker fixes the bug I’ve been working on for 2 days straight in 5 minutes only [thecodinglove.com]
- When I ask the sales guy and my manager if they want the project to be shipped fast or done properly [thecodinglove.com]
- When I have to work with legacy code [thecodinglove.com]
- When I’m in step by step mode and I come across the bug I’m actually trying to fix [thecodinglove.com]